Canadian Martyrs Parish, Hamilton
Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic Church and the Catholic Chaplaincy at McMaster University are looking for a part-time (8 hour/week) Bookkeeper. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and flexible hours.
- Responsible for all accounting and bookkeeping functions, including payroll and ensuring the maintenance of up to date, accurate records
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements with supporting analysis to meet Government and Chancery requirements
- Input of parishioner’s financial contributions, overseeing of collection counters/ deposits and preparation of annual tax receipts
- Updating of Parish records as needed
- Administration of the employee benefits program for Parish staff
- Completion of other tasks/duties as needed.
- College diploma in accounting/bookkeeping
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of MS Office and QuickBooks is necessary)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Openness to foster and develop core values of community: Joyful, Relational, and Ignatian
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Great communication skills
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice, as determined by the Bishop of Hamilton.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.