Our Lady of Fatima in Cambridge, is looking for a Part-time Secretary. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Completion of Bulletin Board and updating it as needed.
- Completion of weekly Parish Bulletin for distribution during Masses (**Has to be in Portuguese and English**)
- Recording Mass intentions, Sacramental registration information and issuing Sacramental certificates (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage).
- Completion of Schedules for Parish Priest as required.
- Order supplies for the office and Parish as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required.
- Mandatory Language Requirement: Portuguese and English Fluency (Oral and written)
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/office experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice, as determined by the Bishop of Hamilton.
Please forward your Cover Letter and/or Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Bilingual Secretary – Our Lady of Fatima (Cambridge)” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until August 5th, 2018. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.