St. Thomas the Apostle Parish, Waterdown
St.Thomas the Apostle Parish in Waterdown is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join their team. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
Primary Secretarial Responsibilities
- Greeting visitors, handling phone calls, directing inquiries to appropriate individuals.
- Prepare and publish the weekly Parish Bulletin (updating bulletin as required).
- Recording Mass intentions, Sacramental registration information and issuing Sacramental certificates (Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage).
- Completion of Schedules for Parish Priest as required.
- Maintaining and updating Parish calendar of events including school masses.
- Order supplies for the office and Parish as needed.
- Attend and keep minutes for Finance Council Meetings.
- Making of appointments for the Pastor and Pastoral staff.
- Attend and participate in all staff and Pastoral Team meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required.
Primary Bookkeeper Responsibilities
- Responsibility for accounting and bookkeeping functions, including payroll and ensuring the maintenance of up to date, accurate records.
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements with supporting analysis to meet Government and Chancery requirements.
- Inputs parishioner’s financial contributions, prepares annual tax receipts and oversees deposits.
- Updates Parish records as needed.
- Administers the employee benefit programs for Parish staff.
- Complete other tasks/duties as needed in the Parish.
- Post Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- 2-3 years of prior secretarial/Bookkeeper office experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and practice.
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; please include “St. Thomas the Apostle - Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.