The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of Hamilton is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our staff at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery in Burlington. This is an exciting and a great opportunity for a rewarding career in the bereavement industry. The position offers a competitive benefits package and a great work environment.
About the Job:
Reporting directly to the Manager of Sales and Family Services, this position will be primarily responsible for greeting and directing families and/or visitors both in person and on the phone, providing general reception duties and performing clerical duties as required.
- Providing quality customer service to the families we serve; in person, email or on the telephone.
- Greet customers both on the phone and at reception area and answer general inquiries.
- Providing information on services to funeral homes and families as required.
- Providing administrative support to ensure accuracy of records and documentation. This will include but not limited to: writing receipts, preparing bank deposits, typing, data entry, filing and collating of materials.
- Post-secondary education or combination of education/administrative experience.
- Effective team player with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
- Exceptional customer service skills and effective communication (verbal and written) with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong administrative skills with creative problem solving solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in sensitive situations.
- Digital archival experience is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Fluency in a second language is an asset, but not a requirement.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume with cover letter to Joyce Ababio at email@example.com. Please include "Administrative Assistant - Holy Sepulchre Cemetery" in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.