Administration and Communications Coordinator
Canadian Martyrs Parish, Hamilton
Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic Church and the Catholic Chaplaincy at McMaster University is looking for a part time (30 hour/week) Administration and Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Parish Priest/Chaplain, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
- Provide communication and administrative support to Parish Priest/Chaplain, senior leadership team, and support personnel
- Maintain and improve current modes of communication (website, bulletin, outdoor sign, social media)
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategy
- Implement new technology-based communication and administrative tools within office, senior leadership team, and community
- Develop team for assistance with parish administration
- Greet visitors, handle phone calls, direct inquiries to appropriate individuals and schedule appointments as needed
- Ensure detailed and organized records are maintained within the office, according to policies of the Diocese
- Coordinate with Canadian Martyrs Catholic Elementary School regarding Sacraments and school liturgical celebrations
- Complete the scheduling of liturgical and non-liturgical volunteers and maintain volunteer records in collaboration with Volunteer Screen Committee
- Order office and sacramental supplies as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor when required
- Foster and develop core values of community: Joyful, Relational, and Ignatian
- Passionate about parish revitalization (Divine Renovation, Rebuilt)
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and digital design software (Adobe).
- 2 or more years administrative/communications experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to organize and prioritize efficiently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- A good understanding of and respect for Catholic doctrine, liturgy and practice determined by the Bishop of Hamilton.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.