March 11, 2016
October 14, 2016
March 24, 2017
November 3, 2017
March 16, 2018
October 12, 2018
A Lifeline for Troubled Marriage
This program is designed to support marriages in crisis and can be of assistance to couples who have separated, but are willing to work on their relationship to help repair the difficulties that exist.
“…marriages may be made in heaven, but they sure take a lot of work on earth.”
The weekend is not a spiritual retreat or a seminar. You will not be asked to share with others.
It is not counseling. Instead, team couples share how listening, forgiveness, and communication can rebuild marriages.
Do You Feel
- lost and alone?
- frustrated, hurt, or angry with your spouse?
- like you are constantly arguing or fighting?
- like separation or divorce is the answer?
- that you have no time and/or desire to communicate?
- that talking only makes things worse?
- that you don’t know how to change or where to turn?
COME TO RETROUVAILLE AND DISCOVER YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
Retrouvaille Can Help If
- your marriage has become unloving and uncaring
- your relationship has grown cold and distant
- there is little or no meaningful communication between you and your spouse
- you feel disappointment or even despair
- you are thinking of separation or divorce
- you are already separated, but want to try again
- you have simply drifted apart
What is the Retrouvaille Program?
- Retrouvaille (re -tro-vi, with a long ‘i’) is a Christian program designed to help couples struggling in their marriages.
- The word “Retrouvaille” simply means “rediscovery”.
- The program offers you the chance to rediscover yourself, your spouse and a loving relationship in your marriage.
- Only first names are used throughout the program.
- You are never asked to share your problems with anyone except your spouse.
- All spousal sharing is done in the privacy of your hotel room.
- The location of the Weekend Program is only given to registered couples.
Testaments from Participants
“Retrouvaille hasn’t eliminated our problems, but has given us tools to work with. We have a better understanding of each other and the maturity to talk things out instead of fighting.”
“I felt hopeful. For us, it was a new beginning after much darkness and pain.”
“The program helped me save the most valuable thing in my life.”
For More Information
The Retrouvaille Weekend
- Husbands and wives are helped to re-establish communication and to gain new insights about themselves as individuals and as a couple.
- The program is presented by a team of married couples and a priest. The team couples, who have experienced disillusionment, pain, anger, and conflict, offer hope as they share their personal stories of struggle, reconciliation and healing. You will find courage and strength in the realization that you are not alone in your struggle.
- You will be encouraged to look beyond the hurt and pain, in order to rediscover each other in a new and positive way.
The Retrouvaille Weekend will help you discover how listening, forgiveness, communication, and the dialogue process are powerful aids for building a loving and lasting relationship.
The Post Program
- Just as marriages do not reach crisis in a weekend, forgiveness, healing and change take time.
- Six post sessions help you to continue to work on your relationship.
- This is a more relaxed setting which allows you to continue to explore your love, renew your commitment to each other and to develop new insights and skills into your relationship.
- The post program helps you explore concepts in greater depth and apply them to your marriage.