Available for Support:
1. Now What? – A comprehensive pamphlet/booklet to assist those experiencing loss; provides an overview of what they may be experiencing and how they can support themselves at this time of loss. (Cost: $5.00)
2. When Someone You Care About is Grieving – A pamphlet/booklet designed to assist people who are trying to support someone through the grief journey. (Cost: $2.00)
3. When Families Grieve – this is a package put together by the creators of Sesame Street to assist families in helping their children through the grief process. (No Charge)
4. A Not So Jolly Christmas – A pamphlet/booklet designed to offer very practical support and ideas to people as they try to cope with the Christmas season, a holiday that inevitably reminds us of the person we have lost. ($2.50)
Along the Road
I walked a mile with
She chattered all the way.
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow
And ne'er a word said she;
But oh, the things
I learned from her
walked with me
- Robert Browning
Diocesan Grief Programs
There are a variety of grief programs offered throughout the Diocese. Many use the Diocesan resource, “From Mourning ‘til Dawn” by Dr. Bill Webster. DVD’s, videos and participant guides are available through our office. There are other excellent resources available through the Diocesan Library.
- Please call Teresa Hartnett at 905-528-7988 ext. 2250 for recommendations for your parish needs.
This is a 6-week program using Dr. Bill Webster’s “From Mourning ‘til Dawn”. In Hamilton, this program is offered in partnership with Dermody’s Funeral Home and runs twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. This or other grief programs are also offered by some parishes in the Diocese and are usually run by volunteers who are trained through our office.
For information on program availability elsewhere in the Diocese or training in your area, please call Teresa Hartnett at 905-528-7988 ext. 2250.
A once monthly drop-in program using Dr. Webster’s second program “Grief Matters”. This can be used to supplement the “Grief Relief” program so that grieving people have an outlet while waiting for the next scheduled Grief Relief session to begin.
NOTE: This resource may be used by parishes wishing to run a one-time mini “Grief Awareness” night. I would be pleased to assist a parish in advertising and planning such an event in their parish.
for both Grief Relief
and Grief Talk (Free of Charge)
Six week educational video series.
Date to be Announced
Time: 1:30 - 3:00pm
To register please call P.X. Dermody
First Thursday of every month
January 8 - December 3, 2015
Time: 1:30 - 3:00pm
To Register please call P.X. Dermody