- Healing Mass for Those Mourning the Loss of a Child
- Coping with the Holidays
- Diocesan Grief Programs
- Halton Grief Program
- Grief Training
- Healing After Abortion
- Information on Grief
Available for Support:
1. Now What? – A comprehensive pamphlet/booklet to assist those experiencing loss; provides an overview of what they may be experiencing and how they can support themselves at this time of loss. (Cost: $5.00)
2. When Someone You Care About is Grieving – A pamphlet/booklet designed to assist people who are trying to support someone through the grief journey. (Cost: $2.00)
3. When Families Grieve – this is a package put together by the creators of Sesame Street to assist families in helping their children through the grief process. (No Charge)
4. A Not So Jolly Christmas – A pamphlet/booklet designed to offer very practical support and ideas to people as they try to cope with the Christmas season, a holiday that inevitably reminds us of the person we have lost. ($2.50)
Diocesan Grief Programs
There are a variety of grief programs offered throughout the Diocese. Many use the Diocesan resource, “From Mourning ‘til Dawn” by Dr. Bill Webster. DVD’s, videos and participant guides are available through our office. There are other excellent resources available through the Diocesan Library.
- Please call Teresa Hartnett at 905-528-7988 ext. 2250 for recommendations for your parish needs.
When: Tuesdays, May, 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6
Time: 1:30pm - 3pm
Where: Chancery Office, 700 King St. W., Hamilton
When: Wednesdays, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, June 7
Time: 7:30pm - 9pm
Where: Holy Rosary Church, 287 Plains Rd. E., Burlington
There is no cost to participate. You are free to attend all sessions in both programs or any one or more you can. Please call Family Ministry 905-528-7988 ext. 2249 to register.
This is a 6-week video program using Dr. Bill Webster’s “From Mourning ‘til Dawn”.
This or other grief programs are also offered by some parishes in the Diocese and are usually run by volunteers who are trained through our office.
For information on this program and program availability elsewhere in the Diocese or training in your area, please call Teresa Hartnett at 905-528-7988 ext. 2250.