Please note that the first session has been postponed to September 29th.
Diocese of Hamilton Chancery Office
700 King St. West
Foundations for Ministry
The foundations for Ministry Program is a course designed to offer lay Catholics the opportunity to learn more about the foundations of our Catholic faith: Church history, scripture, morality, sacraments and prayer. This foundation is useful to parishioners who serve in a variety of ministries, or who are looking to discern how they might expand their spiritual growth.
PLEASE NOTE: The course will be offered in Hamilton starting September 29th, 2016. Please note that the course is no longer available in Waterloo.
Fees: The cost for the program is $300.00. Payment can be divided by semester. Your parish may pay or supplement these course fees, so please speak to your Pastor.
Please make all cheques payable to the Catholic Diocesan Account.
What is involved?
- Each session is video focused on a different topic, with time for shared discussion and prayer.
- Each semester consists of 13 sessions.
- There are no prerequisites, no tests and no evaluations. Regular attendance and active participation are the only expectations.
- A textbook and supplementary readings are provided.
Who could participate?
- Anyone already active in parish ministry.
- Anyone thinking of becoming involved in parish ministry.
- Anyone wanting to learn more about their faith.
- Educators and members of Catholic agencies.
Please note: Parish Applicants must have the support and sponsorship of their pastor in order to enroll in the program.
What topics are addressed?
Church History, Liturgy, Ecclesiology, Sacraments, Ecumenism, Christian Living, Scripture, Ministry, Theology, Prayer plus many others!
Faithful attendance, participation, readings, prayer, critical reflection and integration.
Handouts distributed at each session are compiled by the participant into a Ministry resource binder.
About the Course Facilitator
David Dayler is the Director of the Office for Discipleship & Parish Life. He is a candidate for Doctor of Ministry at the Toronto School of Theology.
For more information:
Email: Monica Verin
Office for Discipleship & Parish Life
(905) 528-7988 ext. 2238
700 King St. West, Hamilton
Thursday evenings from 7:00pm to 9:00pm on the following dates:
|September 29||January 12, 19, 26|
|October 6, 13, 20, 27||February 2, 9, 16, 23|
|November 3, 10, 17, 24||March 2, 9, 16, 23, 30|
|December 1, 8||April 6|