Docent - The Saint John's Bible
About the Job:
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. The Diocese has acquired a copy of the Heritage Edition of the Saint John’s Bible and is delighted to share this work of art with the diocesan community, as well as other faith communities
Reporting to the Coordinator of The Saint John’s Bible, the Docent is responsible for facilitating public engagement with The Bible and transporting it to public events.
- • Promotes the beauty and significance of The Saint John’s Bible at community and parish events.
- • Transports The Bible to events.
- • Speaks about the mission and making of The Saint John’s Bible.
- • Ensures for the proper care of The Saint John’s Bible while out at events and enforces all Care and Access Policies.
- • Monitors the condition of The Bible and notifies the Coordinator of The Saint John’s Bible of any concerns.
- • Maintains positive relationships with the public and diocesan staff.
- • Minimum high school diploma, some post-secondary education preferred.
- • Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- • Some experience with handling fine art is an asset.
- • Experience working in a Library, Museum, or Archives is preferred.
- • Experience working with children in school settings.
- • Ability to work independently and with a team.
- • A driver’s license and personal vehicle is required.
- • Able to work with a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
This part time position – up to 15 to 20 hours per week - offers competitive compensation, along with a great work environment.
If this sounds like you, please apply at the following web address: